Saturday 9 July 2011

SOMETHING ORANGE

Ta-da! Been loving orange lately so naturally, I made myself a version of my sister's dress in that color. For my dress, I used silk instead of crepe de chine so the fabric is a little bit lighter compared to the blue one I made for Mel. I also decided to make a ribbon to tie around the waist so I could wear the dress with or without it.


The ribbon is made with crepe de chine (same with the bias detail on the dress) and for the hems, I used a zig-zag stitch to finish it just because I thought the detail would look nicer than a rolled hem for the dress.

The dress is so summery! Now I just need an occasion to wear it to...

3 comments:

  1. Very cool!!! How are you doing? following now =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm good how about youu?! miss you! Following too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! Who said you need an excuse to wear it?

    ReplyDelete