Friday 1 July 2011

SOMETHING BLUE

This past week, my sister came to visit me in Toronto! She came from Haiti where she spent a month there doing volunteer work at wound clinics, hospitals for babies and running a summer camp for the kids. Nest week, she is going to her friends wedding and so I made her a dress to wear for it!


 It is just a very simple one shoulder dress made with crepe de chine. I am currently loving bright blue and I thought the color would look great on her! I added a cream colored bias detail around the neckline which I thought would give it a nice contrast and made the dress with two overlapping layers to make the standard hem of a dress a little more fun.



I loved it so much on her that I'm thinking about making myself one too! Maybe in a different color though..

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment