Monday 13 June 2011

SUMMER READING PT. 1

One of my favorite things to do is curl up on the couch with a cup of hot tea and read a great book. During the school year, I was always too busy to have time to read so now that it's summer, I thought it would be the perfect time to catch up on some good books.

 I bought the book "When God Was a Rabbit" by Sarah Winman a couple weeks ago and just finished it this morning. I ended up really enjoying this book but I have to admit I was a little hesitant about whether I liked the book or not in the beginning. The book is based on the story of a girl named Elly. The first part of the book is about Elly's childhood and how relationships with her family and best friend make an impact on her life. The second part is about when everyone grows up and how certain life changing events makes Elly see her world and the people in it in a whole different way. "When God Was a Rabbit" sets a mood that is pleasant at times yet is also emotional and a bit ominous.
Overall, I would recommend this book. I'm not sure if I can say it's one of my favorites but it was definitely a good read.




Next book on the summer reading list is "Something Blue" by Emily Griffin. This book is the sequel to "Something Borrowed" which I read last summer. I loved it so much so of course I had to buy the follow-up! Can't wait to start reading this one because I'm sure it's going to be good.


Stay tuned for summer reading pt. 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment