Tuesday 17 July 2012

MENSWEAR: SEA SIDE BLUES

Last semester in school, we had to do a menswear collection. There were about 4-5 people in a group and each group had to think of a theme together and every designer was to design one outfit for the collection. This was the first time I designed menswear so I was a little nervous about it. Luckily, my group and I seemed to have the same general idea of what we wanted our theme to be. We decided on a casual menswear collection.  Our inspiration? Think laid-back and nautical :)

I present to you our collection: Sea Side Blues!


Here is my design!
 
Model: Victor Keita
I designed a linen/cotton blend collared shirt with a contrasting button placket, cuffs and front pocket. I thought by giving the basic collared shirt a contrasting color it would make things a little more interesting. Over top is a knit cardigan with rolled cuffs and elbow patches. The shorts are a cotton twill and I had to dye them to get it to that shade of blue (the dyeing process for the right color was not easy!). What do you think, boys?

I ended up really enjoying designing menswear (I never thought I would) and it made me realize there was so much more to menswear than just a t-shirt and jeans or a dress shirt and dress pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment